Wednesday 27 October 2010

Let's get the ball rolling...

Hello all,

I hope you're all doing good. I just thought I'd get this started by posting up a blog entry on what we need to do. First of all, Jared has recently sent us an email which states that we need to send him details of who is in the group, but also the TEAM NAME. So if any of you have any suggestions at all of a good name for our team, post them up here, it could be anything!

Also if you haven't done so already, enrol on this group on moodle: http://learn.rave.ac.uk/moodle/course/view.php?id=694

As for research that I have done, I thought I might post up some extracts from the graphic novel, I Saw It by Keiji Nakazawa, and is a first-hand account of the bombing of Hiroshima on August 6th 1945. It is loosely where I got the idea of using Hiroshima and the idea of portraying a town before, during and after a nuclear attack.





I've also begun looking at some images of Hiroshima and also photos from shortly after the disaster and I've come across some pretty graphic images so far. I shall post some more research up once I've got enough.

As for the rest of you, if you come up with any more themes for environments and some research/imagery to support these ideas; please post up.

1 comment:

  1. i dont really like the idea of us producing an animation about something so dark. I dont really want any of us looking at images of burnt corpses and the horrorfying after effects of this for 3 months. When you start making stuff like this you start living it and its not very healthy.

    ReplyDelete